Intermediate Fused Glass Boot Camp:
Stips, Bars, Powders, and More
Pattern Bars, Strip Construction, Frits & Powders, Coldworking: 5 Complete Days of Fusing Goodness!
Our Intermediate Fused Glass Boot Camp starts with many "core" fused glass techniques and then adds many of the "extras" that will help set your work apart.
This class is ideal for:
- Artists who understand the basics but who want to take their creativity to the next level.
- Experienced fusers who are largely self-taught and want to learn new techniques and fill in their knowledge with a wide array of tips, tricks and best-practices.
- Out-of-towners who want cannot attend weekly classes but who want to benefit from the kind of education that only a world-class teaching studio like Helios can offer.
What we will cover:
Here are many (but not all) of the things you'll learn at the Helios Intermediate Fused Glass Boot Camp:
- Review of firing schedule basics
- Multiple pattern bar techniques
- Comprehensive strip construction methods
- A huge arsenal of techniques using powder and frit
- Powder wafers
- Basic and advanced "freeze and fuse"
- Hand and machine coldworking (finishing)
- Comprehensive problem solving
With a balanced combination of discussion, demonstration and plenty of hands-on time, our intermediate bootcamp is a great way to catupult your glass fusing
The Helios classroom is well stocked with tools, supplies and glass (including every color and size frit that Bullseye manufactures).
• 5 days of instruction & work time
• All glass and supplies
• Use of necessary tools
• All kiln firings
• Lunch will be provided
8 students (max)
$975 Includes all glass. No tools to buy.
|BO1-010515||Jan 5 - Jan 9, 2015||Fridays ♦ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|